The Tasan Studies Awards
- In order to celebrate Tasan Jeong Yak Yeong's intellectual achievements, and with the intention of further developing Tasan's philosophy, the Tasan Cultural Foundation created the "Tasan Studies Awards" in the year 2000. From then until the present, every year a scholar or organization who has greatly contributed to the development of the study of Tasan is awarded the "Tasan Grand Prize", There is also the "Prize for Excellence in Research", to encourage young scholars who will be leaders in the field of Tasan Studies.
Academic Conferences in Korea
- The foundation hosts regular academic conferences in Korea in order to provide a locale for academic discussion and debate about Tasan Studies.
- Interaction and Contact between Tasan's Classical Studies and Theory of Governance
- Tasan's Theory of Learning and Theory of Knowledge
- A New Understanding of Tasan's Theory of Governance
- Tasan's Literature and Art
- Tasan's Scientific Thought and Views on Technology
- The Formation and Development of the Tasan School
- Tasan Jeong Yak Yeong's Educational Thought and Study methods
- A modern illumination of Tasan's Heumheum Shinsseo
- Current Situation and Issues Tasan’s Manuscript Studies
International Academic Conferences
- To encourage international academic exchange, and to expand the foundation for Tasan Studies, the Tasan Cultural Foundation has hosted International Conferences on Tasan Studies in locations such as Seoul, the United States, China, Japan and France,
- International Prospects for Tasan Studies (Seoul)
- Meeting of East and West in Tasan Thought (in cooperation with the Harvard-
Yenching Institute, U.S.)
- Tasan's Classical Learning of the Four Books
(in cooperation with Tsinghua University, China)
- Rediscovering the Space of East Asian Thought in the 18th and 19th centuries -
Korean and Japanese Academic History in Cheong Tasan's Era
(in cooperation with Tohoku University, Japan)
- Korean and East Asian society and culture in Tasan's Era
(in cooperation with l'Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales,
- Heritage of Humanity: Tasan's Schematics for a Livable World(Seoul)
- The Exchange of Practical Learning between China and Korea and Tasan Studies in
the 17th to 19th centuries (in cooperation with Yenbien University, China)
International Academic Exchange
- The Tasan Cultural Foundation is forging ahead with international academic exchange with overseas research institutions as part of the globalization of Tasan Studies.
- Tasan Studies and Korean Confucianism as seen from an East Asian Perspective
(Taiwan National University, Taiwan)
- Tasan Studies and Korean Confucianism as seen from an East Asian Perspective (Seoul, South Korea)
- Korea - Japan Academic Symposium (Religion, Society and Knowledge)
Reading Seminar (Andong, South Korea)
- The meeting of European Philosophy and Eastern Philosophy - Focussing on Korean
Philosopher Jeong Tasan (Vienna University, Austria)
Publication of the Academic Journal The Journal of Tasan Studies
- The Journal of Tasan Studies is a journal dedicated to the research and promotion of Tasan Jeong Yak Yeong's thought and learning. From the publication of its first issue in May 2000 until 2005, the Journal of Tasan Studies was published once a year, but from then on until the present, it has been published semi-annually, in June and December. To date, there have been a total of 24 issues. The Journal of Tasan Studies has been recognized by the Korea Research Foundation for academic excellence. All of the journal's issues can be accessed through Korea's Academic Information Service, KISS, and bibliographical information and copies of the journal can be found and read on the foundation's homepage(www.Tasan.or.kr), at Korean universities, and most libraries in Korea.
The Journal of Tasan Studies, as a specialized journal focusing on Tasan Studies research, undergoes an extremely strict editing process, and with the inclusion of high-quality articles from both Korean and international scholars, contributes greatly to the improvement and promotion of Tasan Studies.
Publication of the Tasan and Tasan Studies Bibliography
- Since the publication of the "Tasan and Tasan Studies Bibliography" in the first issue of Tasan Studies in 2000, the bibliography has been updated and reprinted regularly. In 2012, as part of the commemoration of the anniversary of Tasan's birth, the Tasan and Tasan Studies Bibliography was published in book format, and will continue to be updated and revised on a regular basis.